Sanford Health Sanford Student Nurse Internship Program in Bismarck, North Dakota
Job Title: Sanford Student Nurse Internship Program
Department : Various Departments
Job Schedule: PRN
Hours Per Shift: Other
If nursing is your passion, work with an employer that takes pride in its employees, the patient care that they help provide and the excellence each individual brings.
The internship program is a learning experience designed to help develop confidence and competence in senior registered nursing students that will help create a smooth transition into the RN role after graduation. The internship program will assist students to find an area of nursing practice
that best fits their career goals, talents and interests.
In our dynamic 10 week program, you will be mentored by an RN in his/her specialty to:
• Strengthen your clinical skill sets
• Discover enhanced ways of communicating and supporting patients
• Learn what it is like working as an RN while following a real
• Witness the use of presence in moments of joy and sorrow experienced by patients
• Experience what it is like working as part of a team
• Recognize deeply the contributions of other clinical professionals
• Build confidence in your ability to assume the role of RN upon graduation
• Grow your clinical judgment ability when faced with complex patient situations
• Perform tasks of direct and indirect patient care and support the activities of the department
• Utilize appropriate population-specific patient care protocols relating to the physical and psychological needs of all ages of patients.
• Utilize the nursing process and with the registered nurse, participate in formulating nursing diagnosis’s when planning patient care to individualize your nursing care.
• Embody the vision and values that are compatible with Sanford Health. Let Sanford help you make a difference for those you serve and become the nurse you were meant to be!
Adheres to legal regulations and organizational policies when discussing patient health information. Completes tasks and inspires confidence in leaders by demonstrating honesty and integrity. Delivers written and oral communications that engage audience participants, respond to their questions and concerns, and produce specific outcomes and impact. Follows direction in relation to the time and effort needed to achieve work objectives. Operates and maintains medical equipment based on specific policies. Responsible for promoting a safe environment for patients, families, staff, residents, and visitors and working collaboratively with the multi-disciplinary health care team to provide the best outcomes for patients. Performs age related patient assessments and nursing interventions. Offers effective feedback to patient and family members regarding health.
· Must be enrolled in an accredited four-year baccalaureate Nursing Program and have completed your third year of a nursing program.
· ADN/ASN considered for Sanford Health region and rural health sites.
· Submission of an accumulative transcript, including your most recently completed semester at time of application.
· Upload current BLS/CPR card at time of application.
· Provide the name and email address for 2 nursing faculty at time of application. Notify your faculty that they will receive an email from Sanford Health to complete an online SurveyMonkey reference on your behalf.
· If hired, must be enrolled in a summer nursing internship course with a school in the state in which they are completing the experience. This does not apply to the state of South Dakota.
About Sanford Health:
At Sanford Health, we are dedicated to the work of health and healing.
Every day, we show that commitment by delivering the highest quality of care to the communities we serve.
We are leaders in health care and strive to provide patients across the region with convenient access to expert medical care, leading-edge technologies and world-class facilities.
In addition to strong clinical care, we are also committed to research, education and community growth.
We engage in medical research to not only discover innovative ways to provide care, but also cures for common diseases.
We continuously seek new ways to achieve our vision of improving the human condition here in your community,
across the region and around the world.
The entire team at Sanford Health recognizes the value of healthy families and communities.
We continue to gain momentum and expand our reach. Together, we can make a positive difference now, and in the future.
Sanford is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request an accommodation for help with your online application,
please call 1-877-673-0854 or send an email to email@example.com .
In compliance with federal law requiring employers to verify new employees' U.S.
employment eligibility, Sanford participates in E-Verify. To learn more click here for English Version at https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/EverifyPosterEnglish.pdf or here for Spanish Version at https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/EverifyPosterSpanish.pdf .
Job Function: Students & Interns
Job Schedule: PRN
Req Number: req23773